Friday, June 26, 2009

Settling In

Today, I attended two orientation sessions about the FSU programs, living in London, and keeping safe.  We also took a walking tour of the area near where we are staying highlighting tube stops, grocery stores, walk-in clinics (complete with a EMS bicycle team), and other necessities.  The rest of the day was spent settling in - buying groceries, getting a cell phone, and unpacking.  Below is a slideshow of pictures of our lovely flat.

My flatmates are Stephanie and Myra.  Myra is also in Project LEAD and teaches in St. Petersburg.  Stephanie is from Winter Haven and works in a public library.  She is getting her Masters in school media.  Both are very easy to get along with and we are having a nice time together.

3 comments:

  1. You won't need the treadmill with all those stairs. Cool flat - just be careful hanging out that window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just so excited for you! Looks like you lucked out with 2 really cool flatmates, too. I miss those stairs terribly ;-(. Have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jojo-bean is Jodi Hooks :-). From now on, you know who I am...Blogger used my google account name.

    ReplyDelete