Sunday, July 26, 2009

There's No Place Like Home!

It is great to back in the USA. Jen and I got through the customs & security fairly easily. Connections in Atlanta were also pretty smooth - not sure why I had to claim my luggage just to immediately give it back, but otherwise uneventful. On the flight from Atlanta to Tallahassee I sat next to a guy who lived in Flat #10 last summer at the FSU London Study Centre - small world, huh? It was so good to see my family waiting for me at the airport - complete with signs & smiles. I had missed them all so much!

Matilyn looked tres chic in her birthday outfit from Paris.

I was only home a day before we left for Callaway Gardens for our annual family vacation. Packing more suitcases was the last thing I wanted to do, but it was actually a nice place to relax and readjust to the Eastern time zone. (I was a bit loopy and off-schedule for a few days- jet lag stinks!) I also was able to spend lots of time with my family - riding bikes, swimming, and playing games.
Now I'm back in Tallahassee and I have to start preparing to be the media specialist at Hawks Rise Elementary! I am grateful for all I learned this summer and all the new friends I have made.

1 comment: