After exploring Versailles, Nate, Michelle, Stephanie, and I decided to find a place for lunch before coming back to Paris. Just outside of the train station was a El Rancho Tex-Mex restaurant, so we decided to try it. If you are thinking that France and Tex-Mex don't mix, you are right. Our margaritas were an interesting shade of green-blue and the combo quesadillas meant 2 of each, not all together. They were poulet (chicken), chevre (goat cheese - I knew it was a kind of cheese, but wasn't expecting that), and poivre (pepper - as in pimento, not bell.) So it was not traditional Tex-Mex, but tasty none the less - just French.
Next, we stopped by the mini Statue of Liberty. She was a gift from the Parisian community in America as a thank you for the NYC version. We strolled down the Seine before catching the Metro to the Moulin Rouge (just for pictures, not a show - 150 Euros!) The rest of the afternoon was spent in the Marais - which seems to be the place to be on a Sunday afternoon. The streets were crowded with people window shopping and sitting at cafes. Extra long lines for any place serving ice cream. I found more of the Jewish area today - delis and menorah shops, I actually saw a yarmulke with the Eiffel Tower on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment